Microsoft Official Courses on-demand
What are MOC on-demand?
MOC-on demand are Microsoft’s alternative to attending traditional classroom courses or workshops with a live instructor, and are ideal for busy IT professionals. Essentially, MOC-on demand are online versions of a Microsoft training course. A real presenter presents a real course, on your computer screen, at your home, your place of work, or anywhere you might be
MOC is an acronym for Microsoft Official Courses, and on-demand means you can watch the presentations online, whenever you like, and however you like. MOC-on demand lets you complete your study at your own pace, as and when you can find the time in your busy schedule.
Watch modules in any order, watch them over and over if you like, pause and rewind, it’s up to you. Of course you can’t ask questions of a recording like you can a live trainer, but you can pause the presentation while you go off to do extra research on your own.
Complement the MOC-on demand with the digital Microsoft Official Courseware (these are printable, and are identical to courseware provided to students attending Microsoft official courses taught by Microsoft Certified Trainers, with the same lab exercises), and get the best of both worlds, at a lower cost than traditional course attendance. Digital Microsoft Official Courseware (or dMOC) is automatically revised to match any updates in Courseware, meaning you always have access to the latest revisions available.
You additionally receive complementary access to online lab environments to perform the lab exercises, and where appropriate you also receive complementary accounts for Microsoft Azure and/or Office 365.
You can access the recorded sessions any time you like, as many times as you like, for up to 90 days (optionally 180 days for a small additional premium), but your access to the Microsoft Official Courseware does not expire.
How to get the most out of MOC on-demand?
- Find the course you want on our page of available MOC on-demand courses.
- Decide which features you want to accompany your MOC on-demand.
- dMOC (digital Microsoft Official Courseware) : this is the written courseware given to students who attend physical courses, and we highly recommend this be purchased along with the MOC on-demand to get the most out of it. Frankly, in our experience neither dMOC nor MOC on-demand on their own cannot compare with the training which is delivered by a traditional physical course – but both together can be far more effective than a traditional course. Buying dMOC and MOC on-demand together is also substantially cheaper than buying them separately.
- Do you want to have access to your MOC on-demand for 90 or 180 days? 180 days costs a bit more, but greatly increases your flexibility.
- Optionally purchase a Microsoft exam voucher, and book your exam as soon as you finish your course. For a small additional premium you can buy a “Second Shot” exam voucher. The “Second Shot” includes a second try at the exam should you not manage to pass the first try. It does cost a bit extra, but nowhere near as much as the full price a second attempt would otherwise cost. Obviously, if you’re confident of passing, buy just the standard voucher — but the “Second Shot” voucher can be cheap insurance if you’re not so sure. Many successful MCPs (Microsoft Certified Professionals) also treat the “Second Shot” as an opportunity to make a first exam attempt much earlier than they otherwise would, since they know they have another attempt available. In most cases, this greatly reduces the amount of study needed to pass the exam, but should the first attempt fail, the exam candidate then knows by how much they fell short of a pass, giving them not only a good idea of how much more study is required to pass, but also extra confidence at the second sitting as a result of having already sat the exam once before.
- Some courses have the option of a mock exam, which not only lets you simulate the exam experience, but also provides valuable experience of exam-simulation. By providing familiarity with the exam experience, confidence is increased and stress is reduced when you take the actual exam.