Module 1: Cloud Computing Concepts
Cloud computing plays an increasingly important role in IT infrastructure, and IT professionals need to be aware of fundamental cloud principles and techniques. This module introduces the cloud, describes how the cloud evolved from traditional IT operations, and highlights considerations for implementing cloud-based infrastructure services.Lessons
- Introducing the Cloud
- Introducing Cloud Services
- Describe what a cloud is.
- Understand evolving IT operations models.
- Understand business drivers for the cloud.
Module 2: Cloud Services Basics
Implementing a Cloud based model for your IT needs requires a good deal of planning and insight into what those needs are and what model will provide the most benefit in terms of cost, flexibility and efficiency. This module outlines the different cloud types and services as well as considerations for moving your business IT needs to the cloud.Lessons
- Implementation: Cloud Service Usage Models
- Identify the different types of cloud services models, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Learn how the different types of cloud services function through public, private, and hybrid implementations.
- Outline the challenges in moving from a traditional on-premises model to a cloud model.
- Describe several Microsoft options for managing a cloud infrastructure.